The palace and park complex is located in the town of Smilovichi, Cherven district, near the river Volma. The monument of the manor-palace architecture of the second half of the XIX century. Built on the site of the castle of the XVII century.
Two buildings of the palace, two wings, a stone brama with an iron gate, a lodge, fragments of an original decorative fence around the territory of the park were preserved on the territory of the manor.
The estate belonged to many owners: Kezhgaily, Sapieha, Zawishy, Oginsky. In the XVIII century became the property of the hetman of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania Mikhail Kazimir Oginsky, who entrusted the estate to Stanislav Moniushko, who became its owner in 1791. Formation of the manor, fragments of which have survived to this day, was conducted by Stanislav Moniushko and his sons. His son Casimir laid a botanical and fruitful garden. After the death of Casimir, the estate passed to his brother Alexander, who began the construction of the palace. Complex was completed by Leon Vankovich, married to Pavlina Moniushko, daughter of Alexander. Smilovichi was owned by Vankovichi untill 1917.
Smilovichi palace and park complex was formed in the XIX - early XX century.
The palace consists of two brick buildings, built at different times and united by a small wing. The old building is made in the castle-Gothic style. From the side of the main facade to the building adjoins a square three-tiered tower with a toothed parapet. Its external walls are decorated in Baroque style.
The first palace was built by Stanislav Moniushko at the beginning of the 19th century with using the walls of an ancient building. In general, economic construction – the two-storeyed house for servants was the first building created by Stanislav Moniushko after obtaining the rights for the estate. The firm date of the beginning of construction is known due to the monumental stone that was erected in the walls of this building - July 30, 1795.
In 1900, Leon Vankovich completed the old castle and connected it with a new palace in the style of neo-Gothic with elements of Modern; two-storeyed, rectangular, decorated with pentahedral bay windows. The entrance is located on the side opposite the entrance to the old palace. Faceted pylons rise above the palace in the form of small towers, completed with tents with spiers. After the construction of the two-story volume, connecting the two buildings, the palace took a complete look. This connecting volume with windows almost the entire height of the floors, was used as a winter garden. After the construction of a new palace, the old one used as a reception room for guests. Here was an art gallery, a special place was occupied by the famous painting "Adam Mickiewich on Mount Ayudag", a large library, the richest archive of documents and manuscripts of Oginsky, Manyushko, and Vankovichy. The interior of the palace was decorated with paintings.
Entrance gates are located on the western side of the manor, it formed by four pylons - high in the middle and on sides with wickets. A lodge of red brick, built in the beginning of the 20th century, was preserved near the gate. Along the perimeter the manor was surrounded by a fence - lattice masonry made of red brick, along it was a landing from a spruce. Fence partially preserved along Sadovaya Street.
The front yard of the manor was surrounded by a park, to which adjoined a large garden. Here you can find: the black pine (two trees 15 and 12 meters high are a national monument of nature), one-color fir, Kempfer larch, silver maple, with mulberry. Part of the park is a linden alley, planted along the axis of the first building. The alley ends on the bank of the Volma River.