New castle in Grodno


Zamkovaya street, 20

Construction designed by Karl Friedrich Poppelmann was carried out between 1734 and 1751. It was built on a nearby high ground with the Castle hill, opposite the old castle.

The Royal Palace was entirely met the requirements of this age. It was built in the center of the city and at the same time had separated from it. The main two-storey building looks like horseshoe and created a large front courtyard - court of honor. The building was create in the rococo style. Facades were divided into pilasters and were decorated by cartouches with masks. Combination of rich brick red tiles and white-pink facades increased the picturesqueness of the building.

Main entrance led into a large Hall of the Guard, decorated with frescoes. From this room you can get to the first reception of the King (Oval Room), Senator and Ambassador Halls. Each of it was elegantly decorated with cartouches and rocailles, fresco imitation of architectural
details. The Royal apartments was in the right wing of the palace. The premises for the courties was in the left wing. In front courtyard was two buildings - guardhouse (building for royal guard) and bakery. Between them still preserved fences and gates in its original form, massive pylons with sculptures of mythical creatures. Fencing columns topped by helmets with military attributes.

The palace, built in the time of King Augustus III of Saxony, already under his successor Stanislaw August Poniatowski survived the first change in favor of the classical style. Giuseppe Sacco and probably Shymon Mankovsky were managed the work. The first general meeting of the General Sejm passed in this palace in 1744, and then - in 1748, 1752 ... But the most significant historical events have taken place there at the end of the century. In 1793, there sat the last General Sejm, which was approved the second division of the Commonwealth between Russia and Prussia. During the national liberation uprising on 30 September 1794 its leader Tadeusz Kosciuszko spent in Grodno Royal Palace council with the heads of the rebel troops of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.

After the uprising, the palace again sheltered the king and in November 25, 1795 he signed the act of abdication. The state was finally divided by Russia, Austria and Prussia. King continued live in the palace until mid-February 1797 and then building was moved to the military department of the Russian Empire and was used as a hospital about 140 years.

In the middle of the 19th century big renovation was carried out in New Castle, during this renovation part of the building has been redone. The structure was damaged during the battles for the city in 1944. Restoration of the palace and its adaptation under the administrative institution managed architect Vladimir Varaksin. Palace has acquired the so-called pseudo-russian style. Since 1952, in New Castle was located Grodno Regional Committee of the PBC. In 1991 main building and left wing of the palace become a museum. The rooms were renovated into enfilades of exhibition halls, and some of them adapted for storages.

Звоните, чтобы заказать +375 44 502 30 02
Отправить заявку

Достопримечательности Беларуси

Новый замок в Гродно

улица Замковая, 20.

Но́вый за́мок в Гро́дно — новый королевский дворец, построенный в Гродно, напротив старого дворца (Старый замок), в 1734—1751 годах во время правления польского короля и великого князя литовского Августа III как летняя резиденция


Костёл Девы Марии Ангельской и кляштор францисканцев

ул.Огородная, 2

Монасты́рь франциска́нцев (Костёл Девы Марии Ангельской) — католический монашеский комплекс в городе Гродно (Республика Беларусь). Памятник архитектуры XVII века.


Костёл Благовещения Пресвятой Девы Марии и монастырь бригиток

ул. К. Маркса, 27

Костёл Благовещения Пресвятой Девы Марии и монастырь бригиток (Церковь Благовещения Пресвятой Девы Марии и монастырь бригиток) — памятник архитектуры раннего барокко (так называемого любельского типа ренессансного кост


Костёл Обретения Святого Креста и монастырь бернардинцев

Парижской Коммуны 1

Костёл Обретения Святого Креста и монастырь бернардинцев (Гродно) — архитектурный комплекс костёла и монастыря бернардинцев. Церковь является старейшим действующим католическим храмом в Гродно и одним из старейших в запад


Гродненский Старый замок

ул.Замковая, 22

Гродненский Старый замок — исторически сложившийся комплекс оборонных укреплений XI-XIX вв. Первоначально замок был построен в виде деревянной крепости.


Коложская (Борисоглебская) церковь

ул. Рыбацкая, 6/1

Коложская (Борисоглебская) церковь в Гродно — историко-архитектурным заповедник, памятник архитектуры XII века. Архитектура церкви не имеет аналогов среди сохранившихся сооружений и напоминает композицию более раннего городенс


Исторический центр Гродно

Исторический центр Гродно - сохранившаяся историческая планировочная структура центральной части города XVIII-XIX вв., где на незначительной территории сосредоточено около 400 исторических объектов различных эпох и стилей, неразрыв


Домик Элизы Ожежко

Домик Элизы Ожешко в Гродно создан в Доме писательницы, где она жила с 1894 по 1910 годы. В Доме размещаются Юношеский филиал и отдел изданий на иностранных языках ГУК «Гродненской областной библиотеки имени Е.Ф.Карского».


Костел Франциска Ксаверия

пл. Советская, 4

Костел Франциска Ксаверия или Фарный костел - кафедральный собор Гродненского диоцеза, выдающийся памятник архитектуры XVI-XVII вв.

Населенный пункт
Тип достопримечательности

Форма заказа

Оставьте Ваши пожелания
и наши менеджеры предложат Вам лучшие варианты