Saint John of Korma Convent is located in the village Korma (Dobrush district, Gomel region) in about 45 km from Gomel. It is the Orthodox monastery for women, the relics of Saint John the Korma are there. The relics were acquired by hieromonk Stefan in 1991.
In 1760 in Korma on parishioners' money wooden Church of the Intercession was built, later in 1869 wooden bell tower was built. At the beginning of the XX century the church lost its beauty and it was decided to build a new church. The new stone church with a bell tower was built in 1907 in the center of the village on a hill. At the roots of the construction of the church was archpriest John Gashkevich, he also consecrated the church. In times of the Soviet Union the domes were removed, but the temple was not closed.
In the 30's the granary had been located in the temple, and in 1941 the church was turned into a stable.
In 1990 hieromonk Stefan becomes an abbot of the church, now he is a bishop of Gomel and Zhlobin. In 1991 the abbot of the temple moves new-found relics of archpriest John Gashkevich to the spot near the altar of the church. In 1997 the relics were installed in the Church of the Intercession, and archpriest John Gashkevich was canonized as saint of the Belarusian Orthodox Church. On May 31, 1998 the canonization of Saint John of Korma took place, which was headed by Metropolitan of Minsk and Slutsk, Patriarchal Exarch of All Belarus.
On august 8, 2000 a small women community by the Church of Intercession was turned into Saint John of Korma Convent. The convent was built for 15 people, on the first floor there is Church of Presentation. From all over the country and abroad people come to the relics of Saint John of Korma to receive the healing.