Short description of activities:
On the basis of the Palace, in accordance with the decision of the Brest Regional Executive Committee of July 20, 2010, No. 668, the state specialized educational and sports institution "Brest Regional Center of the Olympic Reserve for Water Sports" was established, the subject of which is the development of water sports in the Brest region.
There are 4 departments in the Center:
- Swimming (533 students, 20 trainer-instructors);
- Water polo (185 students, 6 trainer-instructors);
- Diving (78 students, 4 trainer-instructors);
- Synchronized swimming (47 students, 2 trainer-instructors).
There are 31 training groups, 4 groups of sporting improvement, 5 groups of higher sports skills (in which 2 international sports masters, 20 masters of sport, 12 candidates for master of sports, 26 students with I category and 240 sportsmen of mass categories) trained in the Center.
Students of the Center are part of the region teams, are winners and prizewinners of republican and international competitions.
The Center is occupied by the master of sports of the International class, the participant of the XXX Olympic Games in London, the bronze medalist of the European Swimming Championships - Julia Khitraia. Julia Khitraya trains here. She is a master of sports of the International class, the participant of the XXX Olympic Games in London, the bronze medalist of the European Swimming Championships.
The training is conducted from Monday to Friday from 6.30 to 18.30, on Saturday from 7.00 to 13.30.
Material and technical equipment:
The Palace of Water Sports is built on an individual project of a complex configuration with a total area of over 26000 sq.m.
The palace includes 4 swimming pools, 6 sports halls equipped in accordance with world standards for international competitions:
In addition to its core activities, the Center provides paid services:
1. Physical wellness services:
- The training pool, size is 50x25 m, variable depth varies from 2 to 3 m. The pool has 10 tracks and a mobile platform for dividing into two 25-meter baths, which makes it possible to conduct training camps and competitions both on long and in short water. Bandwidth - 120 people per session. The swimming pool is designed in full accordance with the requirements of the International Swimming Federation (FINA), equipped with a modern system of electronic timing "Omega" and "Splash Meet Manager", which allows to hold international competitions at a high technical level and publish results online.
- Athletic and health-improving swimming pool 25 m has a variable depth from 70 to 140 cm. Its size is 25x11 m. The pool has 4 tracks and is equipped with a hydraulic lift for organizing activities for wheelchair users. Bandwidth per session - 32 people.
- The diving pool has a size of 25x25 m and a variable depth of 4 to 6 m. It is designed for practicing diving, water polo, swimming and synchronized swimming. A full complex of 1, 3,5,7,10-meter towers for individual and synchronized jumps and 6 springboards are installed along the perimeter of the pool. Here is elevator for lifting athletes to the tower. The platforms of the towers are covered with a special non-slip coating. To conduct a high-quality training and training process, the pool is equipped with an air cushion system. The maximum bandwidth is 30 people per session.
- Pool "Malyutka" with a size of 10x6 m and a depth of 0.9 m is designed for youngest visitors. In the pool is widely represented inventory for games and classes on the water. Bandwidth - 20 people per session.
- A specialized sports hall for diving and synchronized swimming, 234 sq. m. in size, a trampoline hall with the size of 139.7 sq.m., are equipped with trampolines, springboards, gymnastic path, carpet, trampoline pit and gymnastic rings. The halls are intended for students of the synchronized swimming department and for diving
- The gym is 350 sq.m. in size. It is equipped with professional equipment "Gym-80" and cardiovascular equipment of the company "SportArt" and a modern air-conditioning system.
- The game room has a parquet floor and is designed for sports games. Its size is 24x12x10 m.
- The specialized dry-swimming sports hall (No. 317), the size of which is 193.3 sq.m., is intended for training sessions for the students of the Center. The hall is equipped with professional training equipment "Gym-80", cardiovascular equipment of the company "SportArt" and specialized simulators "Vasa Ergomenter" and "Vasa Trainer Pro".
- The specialized dry-swimming sports hall (No. 312), the size of which is 223 sq.m., is intended for training sessions for the students of the Center. The hall is equipped with professional training equipment "Gym-80", cardiovascular equipment of the company "SportArt" and specialized simulators "Vasa Ergomenter" and "Vasa Trainer Pro".
- The choreography hall, the size of which is 126.2 sq.m., has a parquet floor and is equipped with a choreographic machine. The hall is intended for students of the synchronized swimming department, as well as various types of aerobics and other modern health programs.
2. Additional services:
- Training in swimming for children and adults;
- Training in diving (from 18 years);
- Free swimming sessions in the pool 25 and 50 meters;
- Sessions of family swimming in the pool "Malyutka", as well as a unique opportunity - health-improving swimming for babies (from 0 to 3 years);
- Aquafitness on deep and shallow water;
- Various directions of fitness;
- Yoga - "Healthy spine";
- Classes in the gyms "ORANGE" and "LIGHT" (special programs for men and women);
- Sports hall for volleyball;
- Regenerative centers (saunas).
- Aesthetic-recovery center "Butterfly";
Billiard club "Piramida";
Sporting goods store;
- Allocation of accommodation;
- Hydraulic lift service.
There is a hotel "Akvatel" in the Center.